Who we are.
Located directly next to Vienna’s main train station, our creative 4-star hotel offers everything the discerning traveler desires – and more: free WLAN, super-comfortable beds with selectable mattress firmness, walk-in rain showers, 42″ LED HD TV, notebook safe, generous storage areas and desks, free bicycles, fitness room with sauna and infrared cabin. Regionality and homemade specialties are the top priority in our local café-bar Pergola as well as in the breakfast restaurant Frannys. Our green guest garden in the inner courtyard of the hotel attracts with miniature golf, bocce and climbing frame or as a quiet oasis in the urban jungle. For meetings, seminars and events, six function rooms await the realization of great ideas in the newly opened MEZZANIN Meetings & Events.
That is Zeitgeist.
· We are hosts with heart and soul. Whether reception, house-keeping or service – together we ensure that our guests feel at home – or even more at home.
· Diversity, sustainability and environmental protection are not just an empty phrases for us. If we can actively do something for a better world, then we do it. Without ifs and buts.
· We want to break new ground. That’s why we rely on our young and dynamic team, who are experts in their respective fields and deliver new and creative ideas with a lot of attention to detail and fun at work. br />· Our greatest strength is our employees. We believe: If you love your job, you’ll do it well. That’s why we work every day to become an even better employer. With innovative ideas and modern workplaces, we provide an attractive environment with a wide range of career opportunities.
As a new member of the Zeitgeist family, you can expect…
· a valuable start to your career, where you can develop skills that will help you both in your private life and as you move up the career ladder
· flat hierarchies in a young & dynamic team
· open and honest communication among each other
· the possibility to bring in your own ideas and to implement them independently
· fun at work with your colleagues and with our guests
· authenticity – with us you can be who you are
· opportunities for advancement – we support you and your personal and professional development
· the opportunity to get to know many different people and cultures and to expand and perfect your foreign language skills
As our Front Office Manager …
· you are responsible for a smooth check-in & check-out of our guests
· you contribute significantly to an optimal guest satisfaction by good guest contact and friendliness
· you book services and take care of a clean accounting in our PMS (Protel)
· you competently assist our guests with all questions and handle guest requests professionally and quickly
· you are responsible for the compliance & further development of our quality standards at the reception desk
· Under the administrative and functional direction of the Director of Revenue & Front Office, you are responsible for the entire reception area and the smooth and economic operation of the reception desk
· you are responsible for the costs within the reception area on the basis of budget/previous year
· Together with the management, you will prepare the logis budget, the cost budget and the personnel budget of your department.
· Coordinate and facilitate the communication flow between your department and other departments (such as Housekeeping, Technical, Marketing or F&B).
· ensure that the cooperation with the accounting department runs smoothly and correctly (focus on cash accounting Night Audit, accounts receivable, PM accounts, deposits, etc.)
· ensure optimal guest service in the reception area: this includes the careful maintenance of the guest file, the expansion and control of the VIP / regular customer programs as well as the personal care of our regular customers
· you take over the duties of a Manager on Duty (MOD) according to the hotel-specific standards
· you select employees and are responsible for their training and further education as well as promotion and evaluation
· You are responsible for the professional implementation and control of our complaint and reclamation management
You inspire us when you…
• are a friendly and positive person
• have a natural smile and love to laugh
• are a passionate host or would like to learn to become one from us
• have completed vocational training or have experience in a management position – your motivation counts!
• you value and promote respectful and cooperative teamwork
• have an awareness of sustainability and environmental protection
• have very good German and good English skills
What you also need to know.
The wage/salary is EUR 2,600 gross per month on a full-time basis depending on qualifications and experience (47.5 hours per week – 5-day week, Monday to Sunday early or late duty; all in) and is subject to the collective agreement for the hotel and catering industry.
If your attitude matches our beliefs, become part of the Zeitgeist family!